/MWC Barcelona 2020 Canceled Due to Coronavirus Concerns

MWC Barcelona 2020 Canceled Due to Coronavirus Concerns

mwc 2020

Mobile World Congress Barcelona, the world’s biggest phone show has been canceled for this year due to novel coronavirus concerns. GSMA, the body which organizes the mega event has announced that it has canceled MWC Barcelona 2020 which was scheduled from February 24 to 27.

Many smartphone companies were supposed to announce their products at the MWC 2020. Now, since the event has been canceled, all the companies that planned to introduce their new devices might hold a separate event sometime later.

Novel coronavirus outbreak has already affected a lot of people in China. Because of this several companies had already withdrawn from the Mobile World Congress (MWC) 2020, which is why GSMA has decided to cancel this year’s event.

In a statement, GSMA said that it was not possible for them to hold the event due to global concern regarding the coronavirus outbreak.

With due regard to the safe and healthy environment in Barcelona and the host country today, the GSMA has canceled MWC Barcelona 2020 because the global concern regarding the coronavirus outbreak, travel concern and other circumstances, make it impossible for the GSMA to hold the event“, said GSMA in its official statement.

This is the first time GSMA is canceling this yearly mega event since the first edition of the Mobile World Congress Barcelona which was held in 2006.

GSMA further added that the Host City Parties respect and understand it’s decision to cancel the event. Also, GSMA and the Host City Parties will continue to work in unison for MWC Barcelona 2021 and future editions.

Original Source